Lucky for you guys my father has a HUGE sweet tooth! My Raw Double Chocolate Chunky Granola Recipe was born when I saw how much he needed his chocolate treats. He had such a great journey, so far he’s stopped eating meat, fish, dairy and something I never thought he would ever stop, coffee! So getting sugar out of the way was just one more hurdle that I had to help him out with. Sugar is so so addictive and extremely harmful to our health so showing him there was a delicious, sugar free alternative was key. A little tip getting the person to actually make it themselves with you just standing by shows them how quick and easy it is to do! I’ve found that this way if the person does it themselves, they are more likely to make it again and keep away from the bad stuff.
It worked a treat! He is now obsessed 🙂
Let’s do this….
Raw Double Chocolate Chunky Granola Recipe
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds (Chia, Flax, Pumpkin, Sunflower)
- 3 cups Oats or Buckwheat oats if you have an oat allergy
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped nuts (almonds, Brasil, hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup of cocoa nibs
- 1/2 cup honey/maple syrup
- half a cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Almond milk or any nut milk you have
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- In a saucepan slowly heat all of the wet ingredients until it has all mixed and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and start to mix until all of the dry mixture is covered.
- If you are using a dehydrator: Pour mixture on dehydrator sheets and leave to dehydrate for 6 hours
- If you are using an oven: Line a baking tray with baking paper and pour mixture onto it. Make sure mixture is spread evenly. You may need more than one tray. Leave in the oven for 20-25mins at 160 degrees.
- Once dehydrated/baked leave to cool down and then transfer into glass container with sealed lid
You can enjoy this with any plant based milk, bananas and blueberries on your breakie as well as snacking on them throughout the day if you are trying to overcome that sweet tooth like my dad is doing. He reminds me of a little squirrel rustling in the kitchen lol. It’s cool as long as he’s snacking on these for now rather then the harmful foods he was before. Mission completed.
Have you tried my Cacao Protein Packed Smoothie yet? Another delicious healthy chocolate treat!