A new year calls for a new vegan, delicious soup recipe and this one is extra special. It’s definitely one of the things that gets me through these colder days! The reason this recipe is special is because it’s actually my aunty Lilla’s recipe. When I was in Italy in the summer, she made me this for the first time and i couldn’t get enough! This Cozy Bean and Pumpkin Soup recipe is delicious, seasonal, filling, warming and SO easy to make and from a southern Italian women’s cookbook and I am delighted to share it with you!
This fruit, yes you heard me pumpkins are actually fruits as they contain seeds but are more similar to a veg, is so much more than a halloween decoration. It is autumns delicious offering filled with powerful antioxidants, beta carotene which the body converts into vitamin A. Keeping us well and strong over the colder months to come
- Prevents and controls diabetes
- Regulates blood pressure
- Has you feeling fuller for longer meaning less time for unnecessary snacking
- Aids sleep
- Increases prostate health
- Fantastic source of magnesium
- Low calorie food
- Natural mood booster
- Promotes healthy skin
Let’s Do This..
Cozy Bean and Pumpkin Soup recipe
- Borlotti beans
- Chilli pepper
- Coconut oil
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Spring water
- Soak the beans overnight, so make sure to plan a day ahead of cooking this.
- The next day drain the water. Fill the pot with beans with fresh water and cook until soft.
- Once ready in a pot sauté the garlic, in water and chilli pepper
- Then add the pumpkin and the drained beans.
- Don’t throw away the water that the beans were cooked in this will be used to add to the dish
- Add in the parsley
- Whilst cooking add a bit of the broth from the beans, keep doing so until the pumpkin is cooked
- Once ready, serve and enjoy.
See how easy that was! That is what I love about this dish it’s incredibly tasty and takes little effort to make. Let me know what you think about this dish! Remember this is a recipe right from the south of Italy from a true southern Italian women. Comment below and let me know what you want next from me or my italian family lol Enjoy!!
Lots of love